Can You Finance Dental Implants?
Posted By All On Dental Implants
Not only do dental implants greatly improve comfort, oral health, chewing and eating, they also do wonders for your self-esteem and confidence and generally improve your quality of life.
Cosmetic dentistry has come a very long way in making implants feel and look like your actual teeth.
The implant procedure is:
- Removal of the damaged tooth.
- Preparation of the jawbone for surgery, which may include bone and gum alteration, or bone grafting.
- Once the jawbone is healed, a dental implant metal post is placed in the jawbone.
- Following a healing period that may last several months, an artificial tooth or crown is placed on the metal post to complete the procedure.
The process of getting dental implants can last months, or longer if the tooth or teeth have been missing for a long period of time.
The procedure is safe, with virtually no discomfort, and a 98% success rate. The rewards are huge! Dental implants benefit:
- Your self-confidence: Having a beautiful, youthful smile improves your appearance, and therefore your confidence.
- Your oral health: Other denture options, like a tooth supported bridge, involve reducing your other teeth. With implants, reduction is not necessary and nearby teeth can stay intact, which improves your oral health.
- Convenience and security: Implants save you from having to deal with removable dentures, which can be uncomfortable and inconvenient.
- Easier eating and speech: Dental implants basically improve all oral functions, giving you a completely comfortable and natural looking smile.
- Durability: Implants are durable, and, with proper care, can last a lifetime.
The implant procedure can be costly. Since implants are still considered cosmetic surgery, they are not covered under most benefit plans, or by OHIP. Dental implant costs can range from $300-$900.
While most insurance plans do not cover dental implants, some do. Speak to your insurance provider and dentist about your unique situation to see if you are eligible for any benefits.
Dental implants should be thought of as an investment. Missing teeth can negatively affect your oral and overall health, but they also negatively affect your appearance. In an appearance-obsessed society, this can hold you back in social situations, or even decrease your chances of being hired or promoted.
Keep all these benefits in mind when you’re considering dental implants. At the Thornhill Smile Centre, we are proud to offer financing options because we know how important and life-changing dental implants can be.
Contact us today with any questions, and get started on that perfect smile.